VAT Deferral New Payment Scheme
If you deferred VAT payments between 20th March and 30Th June 2020, and still have payments to make, the VAT Deferral New Payment Scheme is now open.
You can choose to:
- Pay your deferred VAT in full on or before 31st March 2021
- Join the VAT deferral new payment scheme
- Contact HMRC if you need extra help to pay.
If you choose to join the payment scheme you must do this by 21st June 2021.
The scheme lets you pay your deferred Vat in equal instalments, interest free.
The month you join the scheme determines the number of consecutive instalments available to you, up to a maximum of 11.
You must opt in to the scheme yourself through your own Government Gateway account, your agent cannot do this for you; you can create a government gateway account here if do not have one.
To use the online service, you must.
- Still have deferred VAT to pay.
- Be up to date with your VAT returns and have corrected any errors.
- Pay the first instalment when you join.
- Pay instalments by direct debit.
If you want to use the scheme but cannot pay by direct debit contact the Covid-19 helpline
Disclaimer: The information in this article is provided for general information only and does not constitute legal or professional advice. We cannot accept responsibility or liability for any actions you may take, or not take, based on this information.